background

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Quiche Lorraine

I made Quiche Lorraine using a recipe from Cooks.com for a brunch with some fantastic friends.  I made it crust-less and used my square savarin tray (baked for 30 minutes at 350) so it would be in individual servings.  And yes, once again, I failed to take a picture.  But trust me, it looked great and tasted amazing!  So for those friends that wanted the recipe, here it is.  If you want the exact version I made, I totally left out the onion and skimped on the cayenne and black (except I used white) pepper.  Oh - and never mind that I used heavy whipping cream in place of half and half.  I didn't use that much bacon either.  And while I'm at it, I used extra cheese.  So there you have it.  More fat, less protein (does bacon count as protein?) and no crust.  No wonder it was so flipping amazing!  ;)

As a side note, I also made some cucumber sandwiches for the brunch.  I used Pepperidge Farms thin sliced sandwich bread and I cut it using the scallop edge dough cutter from Demarle.  I thought they looked cute, and I really did intent to take a picture.  Ah well, next time.  However, if you're looking for other fun ideas using your dough cutters, here you go.

Follow-up... I made the quiche again in the Sunflower Mold... and took a pic!  Beauty!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...