background

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Twix Bars


I just realized I didn't take a pic of the individual bars - oops, sorry.  I got this recipe from my fantabulous friend's blog.  As soon as I saw it I knew I had to make it!!  I had to make a couple minor changes because I'm lame in the kitchen and didn't have corn syrup or shortening, but I'm not convinced that changed the taste much (I used sugar and water for the corn syrup and butter for the shortening).  They turned out great!  I used my checkerboard mold and, of course, didn't bother with the buttering, foiling, buttering, and watch what happened...

Boink!  Out they popped!  This is after I refrigerated them for faster cooling, but we were too impatient and started digging in to them before giving them time to cool (I cut that part off the picture - haha!), and I still had no trouble getting them out of the mold - even with sticky caramel!  
I took some pics for you to enjoy...
Pressed the cookie crust down into the mold and baked.
Poured the hot caramel sauce over the baked cookie crust.
Gently spread the chocolate over the caramel.

I transferred the mold onto the small
perforated baking sheet to it would
fit in my fridge better for cooling.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...