background

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Easy Dinner


Chicken thighs seasoned with Herbes de Provence and Lemon Dill green beans


At a recent cooking show, one of the guests was very excited to find out that Demarle at Home sells "Herbes de Provence".  She shared with me a "recipe" for yummy chicken that I had to try.  I used boneless, skinless chicken thighs and simply sprinkled the herbs directly on the chicken.  Demarle at Home actually has a recipe (right on the front of the Herbes de Provence packet... I guess I missed that before) that says to make a paste out of the herbs and olive oil and rub generously on the chicken, so you could do that too.  I baked the chicken on my Silpat, but I definitely should have used my Deep Flexipat.  There was more juice that cooked out of the chicken than I was expecting and I made a mess of my oven.  The chicken tasted great and you can't get any simpler than that for dinner!

I also made up some Lemon Dill green beans easy as pie (well, a lot easier than pie, actually).  Wash and trim your fresh green beans and place them in a mold (I used my Large Round, but any mold will do).  Add 2 Tbsp. of water to the mold and cover using a Silpat (like the octagonal).  Microwave for 3-5 minutes until tender but not overcooked (aka mushy).  Sprinkle with olive oil, Lemon Dill herb blend, and Sel Gris French Grey Sea Salt to taste.  Toss gently and serve immediately.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...