background

Saturday, January 8, 2011

Molten Chocolate Cake

If you know me very well, you know I'm an absolute sucker for molten chocolate cake.  In fact, I dare say it is my favorite dessert.  My husband thinks he can get away with sharing one with me when we're at a restaurant, but I covet every last morsel of these things.  I don't typically make them myself because all I remember from the last time I attempted it was a big mess.  Well, when I discovered a recipe for them in one of the Demarle at Home cookbooks, I couldn't wait to make them!  And the mess?  Ha!  What mess?!  


You can find the recipe I used on page 16 of the "Cooking Across America" cookbook or page 32 of the "Desserts" cookbook.

For hosts:
This is on the 'A' list menu with a medium host prep time.  If you've never used a double broiler, you can use a bowl on top of a pot with simmering water (as seen here).  Nice thing about this recipe is you can make it a day ahead and keep it in the refrigerator.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...