background

Friday, February 25, 2011

Monkey Bread

It was a great coincidence that the day after I was chatting with some friends about making monkey bread, I noticed my friend's post for monkey bread on her blog.  I halved her recipe but should have cut the baking time a little more as well because mine got a little crispy around the edges (I can't remember exactly how long I had it in, but I would check it around 30 min).  (Of course, don't butter your Flexipan!)  It was still yummy, although I must say, it was missing something from the monkey bread my mom used to make (maybe all the under-done sticky goo).  ;)


2 comments:

  1. Oh Camille I'm so sorry! I wonder what happened to the delicious, ooey gooey yummy stuff. Did you pour the butter/brown sugar syrup over the top right before you baked it??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no - it was just that I over-baked it a bit. My mom used to under-bake hers so it was over the top gooey. This tasted great - my family loved it! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...